Sunday, May 3, 2009

YIKES!!! I'm a Facebooker!

Yep, I wanted to avoid it until summer, because I heard it takes a LOT of time to start a facebook account. So why have I done it??? Hmmmm

My friends at the Ham Lake Fire Auxiliary posted pictures from our celebration dinner and I wanted to see them. .

I wanted to share a little bit about our guys. We celebrated forty years of volunteer firefighter service in Ham Lake. I can't remember, (funny huh?) but I think Bob's been a volunteer 8 or 9 years now. It seems like a long time but compared to our dear friend Marvin, it's peanuts.


Marvin B. has been on the station since day one and he was honored nationally. Michelle Bachmann honored Marvin before congress on April 21st.

“Madame Speaker, I rise today to congratulate Marvin Buchholz for demonstrating honor and loyalty to the Ham Lake Fire Department for 40 years. As a District Chief, Marvin has seen more calls to service than any other department firefighter and deserves our sincerest appreciation.”

Way to go Marv, our hometown hero!!!

And finally, here is a picture of two guys who couldn't be there because they are serving the country. It was a welcome surprise for all the guys to say hello via satellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment