Monday, January 26, 2009

We Salute You


I was cleaning out my junk mail today and I came across an email from ticket master. We just attended the AC/DC concert last week. We had a fabulous time. Meagan and Luke found last minute ticket on craigslist, I LOVE that site. You have to be careful or you might become addicted to it. Anyways, back to my thoughts about AC/DC. I left so greatly impressed. They gave 200%. Brian Johnson was kickin’ out the songs and Angus, whoa! Angus has got it goin’ on. He was jamming the entire performance and I know he is double digits older than me (did I mention I have been known to run out of breath after running upstairs to get the phone). AC/DC is Bob’s favorite band. I know many others like them as well, but he really likes them. My friend, Hope, invited us over the night before to watch a 30 year tribute dvd. It came with little facts that went along with each clip. Bob knew everything on the flyer. I felt like we were playing “stump the chump” or whatever you call that game. A few time’s Hope rattled of some information she read about them and Bob would say, “really, I didn’t know that” and after looking at the case we discovered Bob was right and Hope was close.

Well, I knew the band would be great, not only because they are “AC/DC” but they had two sold out shows in MN and everyone who seen the first show said, “they rocked.” But what I was really impressed with was the fans. AC/DC fans are the best. When we go to a concert we like to stand (show respect) and jam with the band. We always end up with a crowd of people who want to sit and enjoy the show. Come on people!!! You are at a concert, not the opera!!! Well, I didn’t see a person in sight sitting. The crowd was fabulous. Maybe they figured if Angus could do his thing the whole 2 hours, we had nothing to complain about. Although the time flew, and it really didn’t seem like there was any down time. Jeremy and Angie went with us. They were impressed with band also. Angie wasn't sure what to expect from a bunch of "old guys" but she was glad she made it.

When I opened my email from ticket master, it was a thank you note along with some picture’s from Monday nights concert. How cool was that? I thought I would share. To all the AC/DC fans… for those who love to rock “We Salute You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment