Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lessons from Little Ones

Here's my Little one... all grown up and lookin' good. He's the handsome one in the blue shirt and black tie. This was taken on the night of Blaine High School's SnoDaze dance. Someone forgot to tell Cameron they were going with a blue theme. It's probably more likely, someone told Cameron, and that's why he wore hot pink. Teenagers?????




Do you remember when you were that young? Or do you have children around 16 years? Then you’ll get a kick out of our latest lesson.

Luke went to the movies with friends; I’m not sure when he was coming home because Bob and I were already in bed. It was a work night so it could have been early. Well, the goof ball stopped at the gas station to fill his car with gas. That’s not the goofy part. The gas station was closed but we have the convenience of “pay-at-the-pump” stations, so Luke stopped and proceeded to fill up with gas. When he was finished he realized he had locked himself OUT of the car. Yep, that’s the goofy part!

This was the same night a young man froze to death after laying down in the parking lot of the bar. It’s cold in MN and wind-chill advisories were in effect. Luke was locked out of his car in the middle of the night with no one around. Incase your wondering this isn’t his first time, he did something similar at his friend’s house on Halloween night. Only then he went into his friends house to get help.

Here’s what he did this time…

1. He was wearing his winter jacket and a hat… no gloves. Still pretty smart, many times his jacket is “around” and not “on” in the winter. I asked him if he was glad I “make” him put on a jacket. He said, “Really mom, when you make me take a jacket it isn’t very cold, today was really cold.” I still think I had some help in making sure he was warm.

2. He had his cell phone with him. I usually leave mine in my purse or in my console. I would have been out of luck.

3. He filled up the car close to home, if he would have stopped at an unattended station close to the theater his wait would have been a lot longer.

Proof you learn something new everyday.


To make a long story short he called home, woke us up, and Bob saved him. He was probably stranded outside around ten minutes. It could have been a lot worse. If you have teenagers, keep preaching to them, one day you may find it help. It usually does.

Keep warm, I think were heading towards above zero temps.


No comments:

Post a Comment