Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family Heritage

kit: Daddy's Love by Blind Sight Designs

I have a goal to scan and save all of our family pictures, so I can create a heritage album. I'm not too sure how much the future generations will enjoy the book, being they won't know anyone. This is the first page I created.

Leona is my Mom's mom. It's so fun to see her as a young-attractive lady. Hopefully this is why we preserve our memories. I have very few memories of"Uncle Jack." He lived in my grandma's basement. There was a mystery about his room. We weren't allowed to go in. I always wondered why. Looking back I'm sure nobody wanted little children diggin' through a bachelors belongings. If my memory serves me right I think the older boys were occasionally let in. hmmm I wonder if they found anything that lead to life lessons or unanswered questions.

Anyways I love this picture, it represents a time I can't even imagine. Grandma was always an old lady to me. I wish there were stories to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment